I modified the code to accept other file types.

May 5, 2010 at 1:41 AM
Edited May 5, 2010 at 1:42 AM

Also changed the folder selection dialogs.  I can post if anyone's interested.

May 5, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I'm interested.  I tried it on my own, but it wouldn't compile properly.  Thanks for doing this.

May 5, 2010 at 4:12 AM

Seems to work.  I haven't really tested it out full though.  Keep in mind I'm not a programmer. 

Added mp4, mkv, m4v, and flv.  You should be able to look at the code now and tell how to add anything else.

Modified Batch Encoder

Let me know if it works out for you.

May 5, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Modifying again to Remember settings.

I'll post again when finished.

May 5, 2010 at 10:40 PM

OK, finished with the second mod.  Again, may still be buggy, not fully tested.

Just providing the bin for now.  Let me know if you need the code.

Batch Encoder Mod2

The output is still only configured to provide a file extension of .m4v (Ipod friendly) no matter what the actual output of HandBrake is.   I left it that way for now because that's all I'm using it for.

May 12, 2010 at 6:52 PM

The Dropbox links don't seem to work anymore, is it possible to re-upload, or email me the file(s).

Also it would be really handy for me to have .ts files included, at the moment I am just renaming them *.avi

May 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I would really like to see the code changed here.  I tried to contract the coordinator "buzby"  but I still haven't gotten a reply.  I'm thinking this is just a dead project now.  I'm not very familiar with open source licensing but I would like to take this code to a new codeplex project.  Is that legal?  I'm thinking it is, but I'm not sure though.

I don't want to steal it, but it seems the original author is MIA.

@ stackmo; I'll either email the files to you, or upload them again when I add .ts support.

May 13, 2010 at 1:16 PM
According to the GPL v2 license, people are free to modify the project and distribute these modified versions as long as they credit the original. This means that you are free to change the project and create a new one based on it, as long as you credit the original person for creating it. In my opinion, this would mean that you are free to create a new project based on this one as long as the original author is credited.
May 13, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I guess I'll start a new codeplex project then.  I'll let you guys know when it's up.

If the original author reads this post, I'll be glad to provide all the modified code and keep this project going as is.  Otherwise I'd like to let everyone participate and have access to the project.

May 14, 2010 at 12:45 AM

OK.  I started a new project at the following address:  http://hbencodermark2.codeplex.com/

I'll upload the source code soon.

May 14, 2010 at 3:20 AM

Project completed and the first release has been uploaded.  Needs testing; give it a try and let me know how it works.

http://hbencodermark2.codeplex.com/

Coordinator
May 14, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Sorry I have only just seen your messages. Glad you like the program and have progressed it. I think i will be downloading your version now